2 mins microwave mug cakes for a sweet tooth
We have a quick and delicious solution to all your sugar cravings.
These 2 min microwave mug-cakes are for all dessert lovers as we have something in egg less, healthy and guilt free eating varieties.
The best thing about these cupcakes is that they are very easy and quick to make.
Our focus here is to have minimum ingredient recipes that are already part of your home kitchen.
Read the below recipes and get going:
1. Chocolate brownie
Are you looking for a quick chocolate fix? There is no looking back once you try this one.
- 1/4th cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Chocolate chips (optional)
Grease a microwave safe mug with butter or oil and add all dry ingredients to the cup (sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda , salt) and stir with a spoon. Add milk, canola oil, water and vanilla extract to make it into a smooth batter.
Finally sprinkle some chocolate chips if you have them handy or simply put the mug in a microwave and cook for about 1 min 45 seconds. Poke a toothpick to check if done.
2. Banana AND BERRIES
If you want to have an egg less and healthy banana cake to lift up your mood, this is a great recipe for all health freaks who love a cleaner and healthier version of dessert.
- 1/2 medium ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 tbsp milk (non-dairy is also fine)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut or canola oil
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/8 tbsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp raisins or blueberries
Simply grease a microwave safe mug with oil/butter and add all dry ingredients followed by the milk and oil for a smooth batter.
Finally drop some blueberries or raisins for additional flavor and cook in the microwave for about a minute. May take longer for some other microwaves depending on the watt reading.
Poke a toothpick to check if its well cooked and indulge in a healthy and guilt-free mug-cake.
3. Nutella INDULGENCE
If you love Nutella, this is one ingredient you definitely have at home.
Apart from the traditional way of enjoying Nutella on a toast or with bread sticks, try this mug cake and it will be your go to dessert for the longest time.
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Nutella
Add milk, flour, and baking powder to a microwave-safe mug and whisk until smooth. finally add your favorite Nutella.
Add in the microwave for about a minute and the delicious Nutella mug cake is ready.
4. COOKIES AND CREAM WITH OREO
This is just a 4 ingredient toothsome mug cake which is a perfect substitute to the cookies and cream cake.
- 150 grams Oreo biscuit
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Butter (only for greasing)
Grease the microwave safe mug with butter. Crush the Oreo cookies in a mixer.
Add other ingredients to the Oreo mix and whisk is well.
Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes and the super easy and mouth-watering Oreo mug cake is ready to enjoy.
You can also add a scoop off vanilla ice-cream to your mug cake for enhanced taste.
Helpful tips by Lifesbroth:
1.Cooking time may differ for each microwave so regularly check to avoid over or under cooked cake.
2. Try the below ideas to fancy up the mug cakes for enhanced flavor and texture.
- We recommend adding chocolate chips to the chocolate mug brownie and design it with melted chocolate
- Sprinkle some fresh/frozen blueberries to the banana and berries mug cake for aesthetics and fruity taste
- Add additional Nutella to the cooked mug cake for a creamy texture
- Enjoy your cookies and cream mug cake with some whipped cream and vanilla ice cream, this is really the best combination.